I became a pancake lover quite late, thanks to my friend Maddie and her gf Banana pancakes that are SO easy to do. I’m not crazy crazy about sweet food, I’m more into salty things and always up for new ways to eat my greens so my mum told me about spinach pancakes and here’s my version of it. GF and dairy free but you can totally put normal flour & butter. You can also replace the eggs by avocado if you wish but the avocados we get in France are from the other side of the world so I’d rather have farm organic eggs instead but once I’ll head to Lombok I’ll have them with the local avocados that are like butter. ( Yes I start missing Lombok). Enough with the food blogger talk. Let’s jump to the recipe
SPINACH & SCALLIONS PANCAKESDifficulty: Easy
400g Fresh Spinach
2 eggs ( can replace by an avocado)
60g of vegetal butter
5g of baking powder
4g of salt
100g of GF flour ( I used chesnut& rice), buckwheat would be great, chickpeas too!!
160g of vegetal milk ( I used rice& millet but anything would do )
- Chop the scallions and the spinach and cook them in a bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt until soft
- Meanwhile, prepare the pancake dough, mix the dry ingredients together, add the milk and the egg YOLK
- Whisk the egg whites until they are firm
- Add the spinach mix to the batter and then slowly add the egg white so the batter stays fluffy. Cook in a non stick pan until its brownish.
- I served it with whipped ( almond feta) I mixed with plant based milk but you can totally top it with Bacon and maple syrup!